- The public dialogue will be hosted at the Lecture room 1 (Aula 1) of the Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB) next 27th of April, 19.00hrs.
- The format of this event is part of EuroStemCell's toolkit.
Stem cells are in the news quite a bit, but it can be difficult to pick out the true science from the hype. How can patients, school students and members of the public make sense of this fast-changing area of research? EuroStemCell aims to meet this challenge and engage the public in developments in this complex area of science.
As a finale at the EuroStemCell mid-project meeting hosted by Center of Genomic Regulation (CRG) in Barcelona, the public dialogue event 'The Dream of Stem Cells: their use as a treatment of disease’ will be held at the Aula 1 of the Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB) , April 27th 2012 at 7 PM. Entrance is free and the public is very welcome.
- Dr. Luis Vivanco Sierralta, Center for Biomedical Research of La Rioja (CIBIR),
- Dr. Pablo Menendez Bujan, Pfizer-University of Granada-Junta de Andalucía Centre for Genomics and Oncological Research (GENYO) and advisor of the Andalusian Public Health System Biobank
- Dr. Laura Batlle Morera, Center of Regenerative Medicine of Barcelona (CMRB).
Dr. Michela Bertero, of the Centre of Genomic Regulation (CRG), will moderate the event. The format of this event is part of EuroStemCell's toolkit. Stem Cell Dream has been run several times but most recently at Bergamo Scienza in October 2011.
EuroStemCell (www.eurostemcell.org) is funded by the European Commission and has partners representing more than 90 European stem cell and regenerative medicine research laboratories. Social scientists, ethicists and science communicators are part of its core team, and this partnership enables them to be well placed to engage with many audiences about stem cell science.
Further information: Juan Sarasua, Centro de Regulación Genómica (CRG). Tel. +34 93 316 02 37